Land Rover Defender Truck Cab Wheel Carrier
Introducing the ORE Defender Truck Cab Wheel Carrier. Same OREsome wheel carrier, re-designed specifically for defenders with a factory drop-down tailgate. Our first batch is limited to just 50x units (UK ONLY) whilst we refine our manufacturing processes. SHIPPING EXPECTED MID JUNE.
- Technical Details
- A specially developed stainless steel cam latch mechanism with spring return allows the carrier to be unlocked
- Custom gas strut with damper holds the arm in an open position (90 degrees)
- Arm closes and locks against antivibration rubber stops at the cross member (not the tailgate like others on the market)
- Adjustable latch for optimal setting of the tyre against the back of the vehicle
- The wheel is set to the centre of the vehicle (except for Iforwilliams Canopy Versions)
- Additional spring loaded safety latch. We recommend always using this feature for safety reasons.
- Mounts to existing rear cross member holes. We recomend drilling an additional hole for the bracket.
- Key Product Features
- Automotive-grade & fully serviceable timkin roller bearings (the only wheel carrier on the market to use “proper” bearings, not plastic bushes
- OREsome Powdercoating system tested to withstand 1000hr salt spray corrosion test
- Adjustable head for different wheel/tyre offsets
- Fully compatible with factory NAS steps as per our ORE_iginal wheel carrier
- Our stainless steel latch will either use our OREsome powdercoating, or it will be dipped in rubber
- The tailgate hinge pins need to be swapped around to avoid a conflict with the arm. This is a simple process with just 4 bolts (see photo)
- Select early or late Xmember. We provide a spacer plate to allow flush mount around tabs.
- ONE HOLE REQUIRES DRILLING. We recommend the installer drills 1x mounting hole on the bracket. All other holes match up with existing holes in the Xmember.
- Will not work with purely metal double acting hinges
- Will not work with military defenders due to the rear light location. We have test fitted ours with early and late defenders to miss the fog light locations.
- Due to some road regulations, we recommend this is not used when carrying passengers in the rear of the vehicle as this carrier cannot be operated internally
- Compatibility with the Iforwilliams Canopy
- We will launch a variant compatible with the Ifor Williams canopy in the coming weeks where the wheel will be offset towards the number plate and the tyre will be in line with the opening edge of the door.
- This model will not have a gas strut as it needs to open beyond 90degrees to allow clearance for the canopy door to open clear of the tyre
MORE INFORMATION ON THIS VIDEO: